Recipe by cherir
Great casserole everyone loves.
Top Review by Mary Austin
This is a versatile recipe, excellent with any additions you like (such as black olives, extra spices, peppers, cream of celery soup, etc.) We usually bake and shred a whole chicken, then mix with a pound of spaghetti and whichever spices we prefer. Left-overs freeze beautifully.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 cups chopped celery (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) canro*tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pinch garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until tender.
- Remove chicken and shred leaving broth.
- Saute celery and onions in butter.
- Cook spaghetti in leftover chicken broth.
- Mix 1/2 cup cheese with tomatoes, onions, celery, soup, salt and chicken.
- When spaghetti is done, add to mixture.
- Put in large casserole dish.
- Add 2 cups broth.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove and top with rest of cheese.
- Bake until it melts.