Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent for preparing ahead of time then cooking later. New England winter comfort food.
- 4 split chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 (24 ounce) jarof your favorite pasta sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded cheese (any kind)
- Cut chicken into 2 inch cubes and boil until done.
- In a saucepan heat the soup, pasta sauce, mushrooms and half of the cheese, stirring frequently.
- Remove chicken from the water, let cool.
- Using the same water, cook spaghetti until al-dente.
- Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Drain spaghetti and place in the casserole dish.
- Add sauce and stir until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over mixture
- Place casserole in 350 degree oven for aprox 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Excellent served with a fresh garden salad!
- To make ahead place single servings in the freezer, and either bake or microwave before serving.
Wanted an alternative to the ro-tel/velveeta standard, and this went over very well taken to a friend's house. Everybody loved it. Thanks so much EMTangel