Recipe by scootercrocker
This recipe was in the Brunswick Electric "Watts Cooking" pamphlet last year. I've modified it some. A rich and creamy sauce that tastes like chicken pot pie. Hmmm... just try it and see. Oh, it makes alot. Bon Appetit!
Top Review by TJ-Montana
Great stuff, family favorite! Cooking the spaghetti is step 1 for me, then while that's going I use about 2 tbs EVOO and cook a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast since it's what we keep on hand. When the chicken is nearly done (not pink), add the onion (use dried flakes), lots of garlic, the seasonings, broth, and the vegetables and let them cook down about 10 minutes. Throw in the mushroom soup (usually at least one of the 15 oz cans is low fat) and heat, then stir the noodles and chicken stuff and cheddar all together in my 13x9" pan, cover and bake! I've made this adding shredded zucchini or yellow squash too. Anything to Up the Veggie content! We love this, thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 whole roasting chicken, cooked and de-boned, then tear into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 (28 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can Swanson chicken broth, plus extra cup
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mild cheddar cheese, shredded fine
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente, and set aside in some cool water
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chicken, I buy a rotissirie chicken from my local supermarket, it's easier. Then debone and shred into bite size pieces or smaller. Set aside in large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, add celery,onion,bell pepper,and broth. Bring to a boil then simmer til vegetables are tender.
- Add soup,the extra cup of broth and stir til heated and blended.
- Next add the bag of cheese and stir til melted and blended.Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken in lg. bowl and stir well.Add drained spaghetti to chicken sauce and stir til well mixed.
- Spray a 13 by 9 pan with PAM,then pour spaghetti inches Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven of 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove and serve with buttered biscuits.