Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was in the Brunswick Electric "Watts Cooking" pamphlet last year. I've modified it some. A rich and creamy sauce that tastes like chicken pot pie. Hmmm... just try it and see. Oh, it makes alot. Bon Appetit!
- 1 whole roasting chicken, cooked and de-boned, then tear into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 (28 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can Swanson chicken broth, plus extra cup
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mild cheddar cheese, shredded fine
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente, and set aside in some cool water
- For the chicken, I buy a rotissirie chicken from my local supermarket, it's easier. Then debone and shred into bite size pieces or smaller. Set aside in large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, add celery,onion,bell pepper,and broth. Bring to a boil then simmer til vegetables are tender.
- Add soup,the extra cup of broth and stir til heated and blended.
- Next add the bag of cheese and stir til melted and blended.Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken in lg. bowl and stir well.Add drained spaghetti to chicken sauce and stir til well mixed.
- Spray a 13 by 9 pan with PAM,then pour spaghetti inches Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven of 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove and serve with buttered biscuits.