Recipe by AngelicFantasia
Simple and delicious chicken spaghetti that does not use canned soups, but does use the dreaded Velveeta! I got the recipe from an East Texas Community cookbook. Makes a ton!
Top Review by lippliz
I have made this chicken spaghetti more than a dozen times and it is always a crowd favorite. Everyone wants to know the recipe. They cannot believe there is no soup in the recipe. This recipe I got from my sister and I make it when I have a crowd over. Very filling and very delicious. I promise you will use this recipe over and over. I avoid the canned chicken because it makes the chicken spaghetti too runny. I serve rolls and a salad. What a perfect meal.
- 1 fryer, cooked, boned, and chopped into large pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and bell pepper in butter unitl soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add Rotel, stewed tomatoes, and Velveeta and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir often to prevent scorching.
- Add chopped chicken. Stir.
- Add cooked spaghetti and pour into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.