Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was my ex mother-in-law's recipe. It was always good. Great comfort food!!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (8 ounce) packagethin spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄4 cup oleo (butter)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) box frozen peas (optional)
- Boil chicken thighs in water until cooked. (I usually add a little seasonings, like salt, pepper, garlic powder and/or Italian seasonings).
- Remove thighs from pan to cool. SAVE BROTH for noodles. When chicken thighs are cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.
- Bring broth to a boil and cook noodles according to directions.
- While noodles are cooking, melt butter in a skillet or pan, saute bell peppers and onions until tender. (I usually add a little Nature seasonings here)
- Add soups until heated, then add about 1/2 of the package of cheese. Cook on low until cheese is melted.
- Add frozen peas and stir thoughly.
- When noodles are done, drain and put into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add chicken then add cheese mixture. Toss until coated.
- Spread out evenly in pan then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with a salad, crunchy french bread and your favorite wine. ENJOY!
- *You can use a combo of cream soups, I just like the cream of mushroom.
In high school one of my friends mom always made this for us. It is very good. I make it every now and then- trying to stay away from processed cheeses but this is a yummy cheat ! Thanks for posting ! ( The peas make the dish !! )
Made this for a different way to fix spaghetti...tired of spaghetti with a tomato based sauce. It was wonderful!!! Creamy and cheesy and the ultimate comfort food. Served with crunchy bread. SO glad I chose this chef and her recipes for the Pic A Chef event! ~k