* Pamela *'s Note:
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account because I am always on the lookout for quick and easy meals. The original introduction was: "A budget recipe that’s better than take-out and just as easy. Serve these fragrant chicken thighs over rice."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a 12-inch skillet one minute over medium-high heat; add thighs skin down.
- 2Cook 10-12 minutes.
- 3Turn and cook 8-10 minutes longer until browned.
- 4Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 5Remove all but 1 tbsp drippings from skillet.
- 6Add onion.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low; cook stirring for 12 minutes until onions are tender.
- 8Return chicken to skillet; pour soy sauce and water over chicken and onions.
- 9Cover; simmer for 15 minutes.
- 10Transfer chicken to plate with slotted spoon.
- 11Cook sauce 1 minute more.
- 12Pour over top of chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soy Sauce With Onion
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.5
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 853.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 34.3 g