Recipe by * Pamela *
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account because I am always on the lookout for quick and easy meals. The original introduction was: "A budget recipe that’s better than take-out and just as easy. Serve these fragrant chicken thighs over rice."
Top Review by ~Bekah~
We loved this. I had no idea such wonderful flavors could come out of only soy sauce and onions. Not to mention a cheaper piece of meat. This chicken is simply wonderful. Thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a 12-inch skillet one minute over medium-high heat; add thighs skin down.
- Cook 10-12 minutes.
- Turn and cook 8-10 minutes longer until browned.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Remove all but 1 tbsp drippings from skillet.
- Add onion.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook stirring for 12 minutes until onions are tender.
- Return chicken to skillet; pour soy sauce and water over chicken and onions.
- Cover; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate with slotted spoon.
- Cook sauce 1 minute more.
- Pour over top of chicken.