1/2 Photos of Chicken Souvlaki With Tzatziki Sauce
4 hrs 12 mins
Lynn in MA's Note:
Serve these kabobs as an appetizer with the sauce for dipping, or as sandwiches. Slather the sauce on warmed pita and place the chicken in the pockets along with sliced tomatoes and red onion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1For the marinade: Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; place in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Add chicken pieces to the bag, re-seal, and massage the marinade into the chicken. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, and up to 5 hours, turning and massaging bag occasionally.
- 2Prepare the sauce: Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- 3Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes OR have 6 metal skewers ready.
- 4Heat grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grate.
- 5Remove chicken pieces from marinade and thread onto the skewers, discarding the unused marinade.
- 6Grill kabobs for about 6 minutes per side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- 7Serve with tzatziki sauce for dipping, or make pita sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Souvlaki With Tzatziki Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 302.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: