Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from our local paper. You can use bown rice, instant, quinoa or couscous in exchange for the rice
- 2 cups rice (cooked and warm)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- romaine lettuce leaf
- tzatziki, sauce
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Stir olive oil with lemon juice. Add lemon rind to garlic.
- Pour half over the chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill to medium; grease well.
- Grill chicken for 7 minutes. Turn and brush with some of the reserved marinade. Grill, basting with any remaining marinade, for an additional 7 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken thinly and arrange on a platter with the rice, tomato and red onion. Serve lettuce leaves and tzatziki sauce on the side to make wraps.
The recipe doesn't say how to use the Dijon or the oregano. I assumed that they went in the marinade, but the directions are not very clear. From what I did follow, the recipe takes really good.