Recipe by Abby Girl
I got this recipe from our local paper. You can use bown rice, instant, quinoa or couscous in exchange for the rice
Top Review by little_Leanne
The recipe doesn't say how to use the Dijon or the oregano. I assumed that they went in the marinade, but the directions are not very clear. From what I did follow, the recipe takes really good.
- 2 cups rice (cooked and warm)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- romaine lettuce leaf
- tzatziki, sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Stir olive oil with lemon juice. Add lemon rind to garlic.
- Pour half over the chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill to medium; grease well.
- Grill chicken for 7 minutes. Turn and brush with some of the reserved marinade. Grill, basting with any remaining marinade, for an additional 7 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken thinly and arrange on a platter with the rice, tomato and red onion. Serve lettuce leaves and tzatziki sauce on the side to make wraps.