Recipe by Graybert
This is one of our favorites - make it almost weekly!! Preparation time includes marinade time.
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
AMAZING! I cannot believe how flavorful my chicken was w/ just those 4 spices plus lemon! I used skinless, bone-in thighs that marinated 24 hours. I grilled whole, over medium-high heat, 8 min. per side, to internal temp of 175F. Drizzled w/ 1/8 cup of lemon juice and 1/8 cup oil. Served w/ Recipe #83189, Recipe #66596, Recipe #87782, and grilled lemons. This was one of the best meals I have ever served! Can't wait to make again. Thank you for a great recipe!!!
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- vegetable oil, same amount to match the lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add oregano, garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes -the longer the better.
- In the meantime, if you are going to use wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning on the BBQ.
- Squeeze the lemon and then add an equal amount of vegetable oil.
- Skewer chicken onto wooden or metal skewers.
- BBQ chicken skewers until done.
- Mix the oil and lemon mixture until "creamy" and drizzle over the hot chicken - do this as soon as they come off the grill.
- Serve and enjoy!
- **on a side note - if you own a George Foreman, grill this recipe works very well on it!