1/7 Photos of Chicken Souvlaki
1 hr 10 mins
This is one of our favorites - make it almost weekly!! Preparation time includes marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken in a bowl and add oregano, garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper.
- 2Toss to coat.
- 3Marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes -the longer the better.
- 4In the meantime, if you are going to use wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning on the BBQ.
- 5Squeeze the lemon and then add an equal amount of vegetable oil.
- 6Skewer chicken onto wooden or metal skewers.
- 7BBQ chicken skewers until done.
- 8Mix the oil and lemon mixture until "creamy" and drizzle over the hot chicken - do this as soon as they come off the grill.
- 9Serve and enjoy!
- 10**on a side note - if you own a George Foreman, grill this recipe works very well on it!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Souvlaki
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 92.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: