This is one of our favorites - make it almost weekly!! Preparation time includes marinade time.
Make and share this Chicken Souvlaki recipe from Food.com.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add oregano, garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes -the longer the better.
- In the meantime, if you are going to use wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning on the BBQ.
- Squeeze the lemon and then add an equal amount of vegetable oil.
- Skewer chicken onto wooden or metal skewers.
- BBQ chicken skewers until done.
- Mix the oil and lemon mixture until "creamy" and drizzle over the hot chicken - do this as soon as they come off the grill.
- Serve and enjoy!
- **on a side note - if you own a George Foreman, grill this recipe works very well on it!