Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is one of our favorites - make it almost weekly!! Preparation time includes marinade time.
Make and share this Chicken Souvlaki recipe from Food.com.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add oregano, garlic powder, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes -the longer the better.
- In the meantime, if you are going to use wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning on the BBQ.
- Squeeze the lemon and then add an equal amount of vegetable oil.
- Skewer chicken onto wooden or metal skewers.
- BBQ chicken skewers until done.
- Mix the oil and lemon mixture until "creamy" and drizzle over the hot chicken - do this as soon as they come off the grill.
- Serve and enjoy!
- **on a side note - if you own a George Foreman, grill this recipe works very well on it!
AMAZING! I cannot believe how flavorful my chicken was w/ just those 4 spices plus lemon! I used skinless, bone-in thighs that marinated 24 hours. I grilled whole, over medium-high heat, 8 min. per side, to internal temp of 175F. Drizzled w/ 1/8 cup of lemon juice and 1/8 cup oil. Served w/ Tzatziki Cucumber Dipping Sauce, Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad, Greek Potatoes (Oven-Roasted and Delicious!), and grilled lemons. This was one of the best meals I have ever served! Can't wait to make again. Thank you for a great recipe!!!
What a beautifully simple and fabulously tasting recipe! My husband does not like things that are too "lemon-y" , but he LOVED this recipe. We ate ours with hummus, tzaziki sauce and pitas- that is it!! Thanks so much for posting. We cooked ours indoors on the cast iron skillet and it turned out great.
One of two recipes we tried on the grill last week. This was definitely the better of the two. Moist, flavorful chicken. Definitely a keeper. Thanks.