Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have used this recipe for years. I will usually modify it using different cheeses like asadero, queso fresco or pepper jack.
- flour tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 7 ounces chopped green chilies
- Combine chicken and 2 cups cheese.
- For the sauce, mix sour cream, soup and chiles in a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Put 1/3 cup chicken mixture on a tortilla. Spoon a large spoonful of sauce over chicken and roll the enchilada. Repeat for rest of tortillas. Pour remaining sauce over casserole. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered.
this was really good, i didn't have all the ingredients so i substituted the sour cream for buttermilk and used chk gravy instead of the soup, added spices and only used 1 cup of cheese on the entire dish. my family thought it was super cheesy. There were no leftovers :)
EXCELLENTE! My family loves this.
Tried this recipe a few times with a variety of cheeses and all of them are delish!