Recipe by ScottySauce
This is a layered enchilada casserole that is so creamy and rich you may need even need any other sides.
Top Review by Kivutar
Kind of hard to follow, but my best guesstimate of what were trying to explain turned out pretty good. I sprayed the bottom with cooking spray, used 2 cans of soup cream of chicken instead of mushroom, 6 boneless skinless thighs (next time I'll use more) and a big tub of sour cream; tried to make 2 pans, but only ended up with 2 layers in both pans instead of the 3-4 layers the recipe says you'll have. Flavors are there, but quantities are off.
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 15 ounces la victoria green taco sauce, mild
- 8 ounces whole green chilies, drained and sliced thin
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced black olives
- 15 small corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender, combine soups and sour cream plus 1/2 Celsius of the cheese. Pour soup mixture into a sauce pan and heat through. Ladle a small amount of the soup mixture into a 9 x 13 inches pan. Add a layer of 6 corn tortillas, spread out to cover the bottom of the pan. Next add a layer of 1/3 of the chicken. Then add a layer of 1/3 of the cheese. Then add a layer of 1/3 of the soup mixture. Then sprinkle with 1/3 of the green chilis. Repeat layers twice. Top with olives and green onions and any remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted. Let set 15 minutes or more and serve.