Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Adapted from the cookbook "Rice"
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is a good soup on a cold weekend here in Iowa. Really hits the spot. I only cut the veggie in half so it would be easier to fish them out step 3. Also I used chicken breast so no fat to skim off in step 6. We'll be making this again. Made for *Zaar Tag* game 2007
- 2 lbs chicken parts
- 1 medium onion, coursely chopped
- 1 large carrot, in 1 inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, in 1 inch slices
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup long grain white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients, except rice, in a large pot with 10 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer lightly covered for 3 hours.
- Strain broth into large bowl and discard vegetables; return broth to pot.
- Remove chicken; remove meat (discarding skin and bones) and return to broth.
- Cool, then refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove solid fat from top of broth; return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Adjust seasoning, add rice and reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.