Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 6 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups chicken stock (recommend Kitchen Basics brand)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast tenders, cut in strips
- 14 ounces petite diced tomatoes, drained
- In a large pot set over low heat, cook the onions and carrots in about a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and quinoa, and cook for about a minute. Pour in chicken stock, raise the heat to medium, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to achieve the taste you want.
- Add in the chicken and simmer on low for about 5 to 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook for a minute or two more. Serve.