Recipe by Hag chef
Without the lovely Portobello, this is plain old chicken with mushrooms. Make the effort and try this-you'll love it.
Top Review by PeachyBaker
This was very light and flavorful. I used tofu in replace of the chicken (and just sauteed it until brown). Next time, I will use less broth to try and concentrate the taste a bit more. Perhaps some spinach would be a nice addition as well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups thinly sliced portabella mushrooms (stems removed)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the chicken 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the mushrooms, onion and red pepper; sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the stewed tomatoes and their juice, basil, rosemary, thyme, salt, black pepper, bay leaf and stock; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Stir in the parsley and serve immediately.