Recipe by cookiecutter _
Well, like the title says, chicken soup and orzo. Not much else to say about this one, although it tastes fantastic!
Top Review by wicked cook 46
I did not use the amount of chicken and used chicken broth and water. I did find it a little bland but my DH loved it. Really good soup if you are not feeling well LOL All in all a very good soup that you could easily season with different herbs to suit your taste. Even cutting back on the meat I had alot so this could easily be frozen without the orzo (which could be cooked and added during reheating Made for My 3 Chefs Nov 2008
- 4 lbs chicken
- 1 lb chicken back, and wings
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 6 black peppercorns, whole
- 8 ounces orzo pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken and chicken parts. Set aside giblets for another use. Place chicken and chicken parts in a 6-quart pot. Add cold water to cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook 30 minutes. Skim off foam and fat that rises to the surface.
- Add vegetables, parsley, peppercorns and salt to taste. Simmer 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. If needed, add more water to keep the chicken submerged.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set the pot aside. Discard skin and bones. Cut chicken into bit-sized pieces and return to pot. Reheat gently.
- Add orzo and serve hot. Season with salt and pepper.