1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A recipe from Knott's Berry Farm. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts and chicken stock can be used if you are short on time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1/2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Soup: place the chicken, onions, carrots, celery, parsnip, parsley and salt and pepper to taste in a Dutch oven or large saucepan. Add enough water to cover the ingredients, about 10 cups, and bring to a boil over high heat. After 15 minutes, skim off the foam, reduce the heat and simmer 1 hour, skimming the soup occasionally as it simmers.
- 2Dumplings: combine the flour and baking powder; beat the egg yolks on high speed until light, 3 minutes.
- 3Add the parsley, mushrooms, flour mixture, salt and pepper; mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- 4In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until they're stiff but not dry, 2 minutes.
- 5Fold them into the yolk-mushroom mixture; set the batter aside.
- 6Remove the chicken pieces and, when they're cool enough to handle, separate the meat from the bones and cut it into small pieces.
- 7Return the chicken to the pot and bring the soup back to a simmer.
- 8Drop the Mushroom Dumpling batter by the tablespoon into the soup.
- 9Cover the pot and simmer the soup until the dumplings rise to the surface, 10 minutes more.
- 10Serve the soup in warm bowls with a dumpling or two floating on top of each serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soup With Mushroom Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.8
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 232.1 mg
- Sodium 387.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: