1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in Yankee Magazine. This soup makes wonderful use of leftover chicken and pasta. If you don't have either, begin the recipe by poaching 2 chicken breasts, then cook the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 small zucchini, cut into . 5-inch moons
- 1 leek, chopped medium
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli rabe or 1 1/2 cups kale
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (from 2 breasts)
- 3/4 cup cooked pasta
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat olive oil in a stockpot over low heat. Cook garlic 1 minute.
- 2Add salt & the vegetables, stir thoroughly, cover loosely and cook 30 minutes.
- 3Add stock & simmer 30 minutes or longer. The soup can be refrigerated at this point (if you choose).
- 4When ready to eat, warm soup over medium heat, add chicken, pasta, pepper (to taste) and serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soup With Greens and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 1173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: