Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in Yankee Magazine. This soup makes wonderful use of leftover chicken and pasta. If you don't have either, begin the recipe by poaching 2 chicken breasts, then cook the pasta.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 small zucchini, cut into . 5-inch moons
- 1 leek, chopped medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped broccoli rabe or 1 1⁄2 cups kale
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (from 2 breasts)
- 3⁄4 cup cooked pasta
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over low heat. Cook garlic 1 minute.
- Add salt & the vegetables, stir thoroughly, cover loosely and cook 30 minutes.
- Add stock & simmer 30 minutes or longer. The soup can be refrigerated at this point (if you choose).
- When ready to eat, warm soup over medium heat, add chicken, pasta, pepper (to taste) and serve.