Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Found this with a batch of papaya recipes and liked it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 30 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 papaya, pared and seeded
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large sauce pot, heat oil and brown chicken.
- Add ginger and onion; cook until onion is transparent.
- Add broth and water. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Peel papaya and cut into 2 x 2 1/2 inch pieces. Add papaya to soup and cook 5 to 10 minutes or until papaya is tender.