Recipe by stormylee
Adapted from Maku magazine. The lemongrass and lime flavoured water really makes this!
Top Review by Mike McCartney
WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW! This soup is so good, you should be able to sell it for $20 a gallon. The spice is just right. Made for Adopt-A-Chef 2013. Will make this for as long as I live. A million thanks.
- 1 lemongrass
- 4 slices lime peel
- 600 ml water
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 250 g chicken fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 spring onions
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice lemongrass stalk; use a peeling knife to cut four slices of lime peel (green part only!).
- Put water, lemongrass and lime peel into a pot: bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Discard lemongrass and lime peel bits.
- Deseed and slice the chile pepper.
- Add chili, ginger paste, boillion cube, and coconut milk to the pot, let simmer gently.
- Fry the chicken pieces in a frying pan until done: add to the pot along with fish sauce. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and slice spring onions: add to the pot and bring briefly to a boil again.
- Stir in chopped cilantro just before serving.