Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Maku magazine. The lemongrass and lime flavoured water really makes this!
Make and share this Chicken Soup, Thai-Style recipe from Food.com.
- Slice lemongrass stalk; use a peeling knife to cut four slices of lime peel (green part only!).
- Put water, lemongrass and lime peel into a pot: bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Discard lemongrass and lime peel bits.
- Deseed and slice the chile pepper.
- Add chili, ginger paste, boillion cube, and coconut milk to the pot, let simmer gently.
- Fry the chicken pieces in a frying pan until done: add to the pot along with fish sauce. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and slice spring onions: add to the pot and bring briefly to a boil again.
- Stir in chopped cilantro just before serving.
WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW! This soup is so good, you should be able to sell it for $20 a gallon. The spice is just right. Made for Adopt-A-Chef 2013. Will make this for as long as I live. A million thanks.