1/1 Photo of Chicken Soup Tete Style
5 hrs 8 mins
A wonderful, from scratch, chicken and rice soup. It's lovely to make on a cool fall day or in frosty winter. I am posting it as originally written but I like brown rice in it. Don't be afraid of the cinnamon it's what makes it so different and interesting.I must admit that I do peel the onion and garlic. This can be a full meal by adding some veggies and serving with some lovely crusty bread and fresh sliced apples and cheese for dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, cilantro, peppercorns, and bay leave in a good sized stock pot and fill with cold water to cover chicken by 3 to 4 inches, (it is not necessary to peel the garlic or onion, just wash the outside.) Using low heat cook for 4 hours after boiling begins.
- 2Using a colander drain broth into another pot. Reserve chicken meat and discard the rest.
- 3In a bowl put rice and 1 cup of water to soak(soak brown rice for about an hour). While it is soaking skim fat off the top of broth and remove usable meat from chicken.
- 4Add rice to chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste. Boil at least 20 minutes and then add shredded chicken. Remove from heat and let sit until soup thickens.
- 5Once soup has reached desired thickness heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soup Tete Style
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: