1 hr 20 mins
This soup is PERFECT during any time of the year, especially the RAINY SEASON or the WINTER SEASON!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the whole chicken in pieces. This will help it to cook faster! Boil chicken until cooked, then take them out and place them in a large bowl to cool. SAVE THE CHICKEN STOCK! (You will need this!)
- 2As you're waiting for the chicken to cool down, start preping your veggies.
- 3Slice the carrots in 3, dice the celery, dice the onion, and shred the cabbage. Set these all aside.
- 4Now that the chicken is cooled down, shred it.
- 5In a large stock pot, place 3/4 of a stick of butter into the pot to melt. Add the onions and cook until transparent, and then add the chicken and garlic powder to saute. When the chicken is all nice and aromatic with the onion and garlic --
- 6POUR the stock into the pot. (I told you that you would need this!).
- 7When it comes to a boil, add the carrots, celery, cabbage, macaroni (or shells) and chicken bullion. Mix it good!
- 8Add the remaining butter to the soup. It will look like OIL, but it is not. This brings out the flavor of the soup!
- 9Let simmer and when the macaroni (or shells) are all done, you're ready to eat it!
- 10We always add CARNATION EVAPORATED MILK for a creamer soup, but it's all up to you. Most people don't like to do that becuase they THINK it will spoil. It's NOT fresh milk! So you can add it!
- 11We usually serve this with GARLIC BREAD topped with Parmesan cheese!
- 12This will become a favorite in your house too!
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soup (Philippine Style)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.5
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 229.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.8 g