Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup is PERFECT during any time of the year, especially the RAINY SEASON or the WINTER SEASON!
Make and share this Chicken Soup (Philippine Style) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the whole chicken in pieces. This will help it to cook faster! Boil chicken until cooked, then take them out and place them in a large bowl to cool. SAVE THE CHICKEN STOCK! (You will need this!)
- As you're waiting for the chicken to cool down, start preping your veggies.
- Slice the carrots in 3, dice the celery, dice the onion, and shred the cabbage. Set these all aside.
- Now that the chicken is cooled down, shred it.
- In a large stock pot, place 3/4 of a stick of butter into the pot to melt. Add the onions and cook until transparent, and then add the chicken and garlic powder to saute. When the chicken is all nice and aromatic with the onion and garlic --
- POUR the stock into the pot. (I told you that you would need this!).
- When it comes to a boil, add the carrots, celery, cabbage, macaroni (or shells) and chicken bullion. Mix it good!
- Add the remaining butter to the soup. It will look like OIL, but it is not. This brings out the flavor of the soup!
- Let simmer and when the macaroni (or shells) are all done, you're ready to eat it!
- We always add CARNATION EVAPORATED MILK for a creamer soup, but it's all up to you. Most people don't like to do that becuase they THINK it will spoil. It's NOT fresh milk! So you can add it!
- We usually serve this with GARLIC BREAD topped with Parmesan cheese!
- This will become a favorite in your house too!