This soup is good for what ails you! If you want, you can substitute pre-cooked chicken and reduce the cooking time in step 3 by 2 minutes. Anyway you make it, it is quick and easy, but very satisfying!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored seeded, and diced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 3⁄4 cups basic chicken stock, I use Basic Chicken Stock
- 6 ounces broad egg noodles
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the onion and saute until limp, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Stir in the red and green peppers. Cover, and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and marjoram, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles, cover, and boil for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and salt, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked. Enjoy!