8 hrs 40 mins
This is one I made up when I first had my crock pot. You really could make it with whatever you had on hand. Filling and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 6 large carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 head celery, sliced
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, more to taste
- 1 (475 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 head broccoli, chopped or 1 (14 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 2 cups fresh green beans (not frozen)
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach or 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh spinach
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 sweet pepper (red or green)
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 2 (475 g) cans kidney beans or 2 (475 g) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste (only if needed, as the chicken cubes are salty)
- 6 cups water (as needed)
- 1I didn't measure the oregano, so you may need more or less to taste.
- 2Sprinkle chicken breasts with oregano and pepper.
- 3Put everything in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots on the bottom and the chicken on the top.
- 4Add 2-3 cups of water.
- 5Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 6Remove chicken, cool, shred and return to pot.
- 7Stir to distribute chicken evenly.
- 8Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 9Add more water if too thick.
- 10Heat until very hot and serve with toast or crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soup for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (847 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 979.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.9 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 34.2 g