Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Just what the doctor ordered!
Make and share this Chicken Soup for the Cold recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium leeks, finely dice the white part only
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock (homemade or good quality)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 8 medium white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cooked thin egg noodles
- 4 ounces green beans, ends trimmed off and cut on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cook the egg noodles until al dente.
- Drain the water from the noodles and coat in olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Set the noodles aside.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-low heat.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Add leeks, carrots, celery, salt, and pepper.
- Cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat the chicken stock and wine in a second large saucepan to boiling.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts, let cool, and then shred.
- Add the stock, green beans, mushrooms, to the vegetables.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Taste the green beans to make sure they are tender, cook longer if necessary.
- Add the cooked noodles and shredded chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir well.
- Serve immediately.