Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
When all of my kids were sick, I came up with this soup. They gulped it down. I've had a few requests for the recipe so I'm posting it here in case I get any more takers.
- 1⁄2 lb dry egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 chicken breasts, diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 4 -5 red potatoes, quartered (or chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes chicken stock
- parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles by directions. Remove when the noodles are al dente. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in Dutch oven or large stockpot.
- Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken, occasionally stirring, for about 10 minutes or until it is no longer pink.
- Add garlic, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, celery, Italian seasoning and basil. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add chicken stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add in egg noodles. Heat through (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle Parmesan over individual bowls of soup or I like to add in about 1/2 to the soup.