Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Chicken Soup and Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (19 ounce) cansprogresso traditional chicken noodle soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can99% fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, combine soup and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each in half.
- Dip biscuit halves in egg, coating all sides; drop into boiling soup. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. (Soup must be at a medium boil.) Cover; cook an additional 10 minutes or until dumplings are light and fluffy.
- To serve, carefully remove dumplings from soup. Ladle soup into bowls. Top each with dumplings. Sprinkle with parsley.