Recipe by Diana #2
It's been proven...chicken soup is good when you're under the weather. So why not include it as part of a 'Feel Better Soon' gift basket. Add a book, a big soup mug and a pair of warm fuzzy socks. With this gift, and your good wishes, they'll be feeling better in no time. Created for the 2010 Category Craze-E Contest.
Top Review by Susie D
This was perfect for after Thanksgiving. I utilized meat from the turkey drumsticks & homemade broth. I loved the use of poultry seasoning. All in all a great pot of soup! Good luck in the contest! :-)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1⁄4 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 40 linguine, strands (broken into 1-inch lengths)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, grated
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup whole kernel corn
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add chicken drumsticks. Bring back up to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Boil gently for 20 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Remove the meat and set aside.
- Bring broth back up to boil and add the lentils, onion, poultry seasoning and black pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add linguine, carrots, zucchini and salt, if using. Boil gently until pasta is tender.
- Add cut chicken and corn. Heat through and serve.