Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Simple recipe for a delicious and super easy and super healthy take on chicken soup.
- 2 chicken breast halves, with skin & bones
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 (32 ounce) bags baby carrots
- 2 red onions
- 2 large tomatoes
- penne pasta (optional)
- Fill up a really large pot with water and leave about 4 inches from the top high to boil.
- While water heats up, salt it with some kosher salt or table salt doesn't matter.
- Clean off the split chicken and remove any bones that are attached loosely. Place chicken in boiling water.
- Chop up the celery add to water.
- chop up the onions & tomateos into quarters add to water.
- Put in 3 bags of baby carrots into water.
- Cover and turn down heat to medium temperature.
- Let cook for 3 hours stirring occasionally and adding salt to taste.
- Remove chicken before serving and remove the bones & skin & chop up before adding back to the soup.