Recipe by chia
This is a great comfort food to my family when they feel "under the weather"--also makes a great soup base. I always serve this with alphabets and matzoh balls.
Top Review by Sharon123
Chia, this was really good. I kinda followed the recipe. I used turkey legs and leftover veg. ends I keep in the freezer to make soup. It came out dilicious! (I didn't use turnip). My husband decided he needed turkey meat in his soup so I added it, and put in angelhair pasta, broken up. Thanks!
- 5 lbs chicken wings, thighs, legs
- 1 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 carrots
- 1 turnip
- 1 parsnip
- fresh dill
- fresh parsley
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add chicken to 12 quarts water, bring to boil, simmer for 15 minutes, remove fat from top add all veggies, washed and pared.
- Add chopped dill and parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and simmer partially covered for 2-3 hours.
- Strain all solid ingredients.
- Serve broth with thin noodles, rice or matzoh balls.