Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great on a chilly fall day! Any leftovers are better the next day.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 can low sodium chicken broth
- 453.59 g bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (453.59 g) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Heat olive oil in large dutch oven on top of the stove.
- Add chicken, onion, celery, carrots, and garlic.
- Saute until chicken is no longer pink and the veggies have softened.
- Pour in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
this soup was excellant, we are very big home made soup eaters in our home,i will be making this recipe many time in the future.thank you
Wow! This is a great hearty soup. I added some dumplings to it, and it satisfied even my hungry teenagers. Will be making it again soon.
Made this for over 100 people at our church for the Youth Auction Brunch -- got rave reviews -- thanks