Recipe by damariscaballero
I received this recipe from my friends mother. She made it for me while i was recovering from my surgery. It was very good. The best part is that it can be made with chicken, albondigas, shrimp, whatever you feel like. You can also add rice or any other vegetables you want to the recipe.
- 3 -4 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato bouillon
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, Chopped
- 3 tomatoes, Cubed
- 1⁄2 medium onion, Cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 -4 skinless chicken thighs (leave the bone)
- 3 -4 carrots, Sliced
- 3 -4 red potatoes, Chopped
- 3 -4 celery ribs, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium-high heat, place a large pot filled half way with water. Let it come to a simmer.
- Once the water is simmering, add Chicken bouillon, Tomato bouillon,Dried Mint (grind with the palms of your hands as you add the mint), Pepper, Garlic Salt and Cilantro. Cover and let it come to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place the tomato, onion and 1/2 cup water in blender and blend well.
- Once the herbs are boiling, add the tomato and onion blend. Cover and let it come to a boil.
- Add the chicken, cover and let it come to a boil.
- After the chicken is cooked through, add the Carrots and Red potatoes. Cover, lower to medium heat.
- When the Carrots and Red potatoes are tender, lower to low heat. Add the celery.
- Let the celery cook for about 7-10 min, then turn heat off. That way your celery with still have a 'crunch' to it.