Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 275 g raw chicken, skinned
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- to taste pepper, freshly ground
- 1 egg white
- 25 g butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 900 ml milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- Mince the chicken, mix in the tarragon, lemon zest and pepper.
- Beat in the egg white, form the mixture into small balls using your hands.
- Place the butter, flour, milk and crumbled stock cube in a saucepan, heat stirring until soup boils, thickens and is smooth.
- Add pepper to taste. Drop in the chicken balls and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Just before serving add watercress leaves to the soup.
- Serve hot with brown bread.
Had some leftover chicken from supper the other night and so we used your recipe for soup. Turned out very nice and tasty and hit the spot after a walk . Thanks very much.