- 275 g raw chicken, skinned
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- to taste pepper, freshly ground
- 1 egg white
- 25 g butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 900 ml milk
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the chicken, mix in the tarragon, lemon zest and pepper.
- Beat in the egg white, form the mixture into small balls using your hands.
- Place the butter, flour, milk and crumbled stock cube in a saucepan, heat stirring until soup boils, thickens and is smooth.
- Add pepper to taste. Drop in the chicken balls and boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Just before serving add watercress leaves to the soup.
- Serve hot with brown bread.