Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a cookbook called "A Taste of Heaven", I found it at a yard sale.
Make and share this Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium frying chicken
- 2 1⁄2 quarts broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (gumbo style)
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook chicken in enough water to make 2 1/2 qts. of broth. When done remove chicken and set aside.
- Add to broth vegetables, hominy, chilies and seasonings.
- Cook 25 minutes.
- Chop chicken and add to soup. Simmer and serve hot.