Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Hearty and satisfying, especially on a cold day. This belongs to my husband's grandmother. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups broth
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 small zucchini (med. chopped)
- 1 tomatoes, med. peeled and chopped
- Heat oil, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add stock stock, garlic, thyme, pepper, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add carrots and macaroni-let simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Stir in tomato, zucchini and chicken, cook until thoroughly heated.
Lovely Hearty soup. I used orzo instead of elbow macaroni (simply supply & demand) Love the soup Thanks for posting it