Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Yummy Chicken Soup from Mrs. Scott
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 onion, small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 15 ounces pinto beans
- 30 ounces chicken broth
- Fill an extra large pot half full of water. Add sprinkle of salt. Add rinsed chicken thighs, with bones & skin.
- After 2 hours on high, with water boiling, remove the skin and bones. If you remove the chicken to do this, keep the broth and return the chicken once items are removed. Keep lid on the pot with some opening so it doesn't boil over.
- Add veggies(drained) unless you are using creamed corn. Continue to heat the soup.
- Once veggies are cooked you may serve or store. Soup tastes better after 2 days. Do NOT scrape off fate when cold. It improves the flavor & vitamin content.
- Addition of buillon extends soup, 1 tsp or cube to every cup of water.