Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe made through trial and error. This is one of my most favorite meals served with mashed taters and a big crusty loaf of bread.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 6 carrots
- 4 celery ribs
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces couscous
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Put the chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until chicken is tender and cooked. Remove chicken, let it cool, remove the meat. Shred any large pieces.
- While chicken is cooling prepare the carrots, celery and onion. I chop them into medium size pieces.
- Add the chopped veggies into the boiling water along with the chicken bouillon, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Let this cook about 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to this mixture. Add the couscous or any small sized noodle that you like. Cover the pot, reduce heat. Simmer about 30 minutes.
i have made this befor it is sooo good espesically when you are not feeling too good..