Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
My kids love this soup. It's soooo good
- 4 -5 large chicken breasts
- 10 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large celery, chopped
- celery leaves, from the smaller celery
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) jarwylers instant chicken bouillon granules
- Put the chicken in a large pot and cover with water, about an inch over the meat and cook.
- Take chicken out and let cool, don't drain the water.
- Fill your pot with water and add the rest of ingredients, simmer.
- Depick the chicken and add to the pot.
- Simmer for at least an hour. You'll get better flavor if you can let it simmer for a few hours.
- You can add cooked rice, dumplings or noodles.
- *the celery leaves gives it really good flavor.
Very unique flavor in this soup because of the dried mustard. Adults thought this very interesting but the kids weren't too happy with it. I love the fact that it's made with chicken breasts and is not such a fatty soup, and the amount of carrots give it a wonderful sweetness.