Recipe by AzMama17
A casserole I have been making for years.
Top Review by surus
I made this to bring to a Cinco de Mayo party. It was a big hit. I sat next to a woman who didn't know I brought it who said " this chicken dish is delicious!" . I told her I made it and she immediately asked for the recipe. As I was leaving a woman I didn't know stopped me and asked if I had made the chicken cornbread dish. She said it was the best casserole she had ever had. The changes I made was subbed black olives for mushrooms and added the rest of a 4 oz can of chopped chilis to the bread mix. I also gave the sour cream topping a few good shakes of cumin. I used two cans of chicken which I shredded. Thanks for making me look good. Will definitely make this again!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter and saute onion and garlic. Set aside.
- Combine corns, salt and egg. Beat in muffin mix. Fold in butter mixture. Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Combine chicken, chiles, sour cream, salt and pepper. Spread over corn mix, leaving 1/2 inch border around edges. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes.