Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A casserole I have been making for years.
Make and share this Chicken Souiza Cornbread Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter and saute onion and garlic. Set aside.
- Combine corns, salt and egg. Beat in muffin mix. Fold in butter mixture. Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Combine chicken, chiles, sour cream, salt and pepper. Spread over corn mix, leaving 1/2 inch border around edges. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
So very easy to put together, and looked good enough for company! I do think that 6 servings is a very conservative figure, however. I served four with this recipe with a simple salad, and had enough left over to serve four more! Thnx for sharing your recipe, AzMama.
Made as directed for PAC, Fall '09. Loved the contrast between the corn muffin layer and chicken/sour cream mixture. Have passed on the recipe to my kids/grandkids. I know they'll enjoy it also. Glad I tried this one. Thanks Mama