Recipe by LiisaN
A very tasty dish to prepare a day ahead and have ready for company. Similar to the breakfast egg bakes, but with a twist. (prep time does not include overnight refrigeration).
Top Review by yooper
Very good...I loved how the finished dish did sort of "puff up" like a souffle~plus the fact that you can prep this the day before. This would work for turkey as well...would really work as a perfect Thanksgiving leftover dish as well! Thanks for posting this!
- 9 slices bread, cut into cubes
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- buttered bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2/3 bread crumbs in buttered 10x14 pan.
- Mix chicken, mushrooms, celery, onion,lemon juice, and miracle whip.
- Spread over bread crumbs.
- Spread remaining 1/3 bread crumbs on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix eggs, broth, celery, cream of celery soup, salt, pepper together and pour over fillings.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Spread the cream of mushroom soup over.
- Set dish out until it reaches room temperature.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Add buttered crumbs to top and bake another 15 minutes.