Recipe by House
Found in "Holiday Cookbook: Favorite Recipes by Assemblies of God Women". Great "make ahead dish". Time doesn't include refrigerating overnight.
- 12 slices bread
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim bread. Arrange half the bread in 13 X 9 inch pan; sprinkle with chicken, celery, onion and mushrooms.
- Cover with remaining bread.
- Combine milk, eggs, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; pour over bread.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Pour soup over top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Cover with cheese; bake for 15 minutes longer.