1 hr 15 mins
mammamia #2's Note:
A simple "dump it all in together" recipe. You can use chicken breasts, or, for more flavor, a whole boned chicken. I bone the chicken a day ahead to save prep time on cooking day. The canned green chilies are very mild. This freezes beautifully. Wonderful pot luck dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil whole chicken until meat falls off bone.
- 2Bone chicken. Reserve broth.
- 3Cook chopped onions in butter until translucent.
- 4Mix all ingredients in large bowl, adding enough broth to moisten. I usually add about 1/2 cup.
- 5Bake in 13x9-inch pan at 350°F for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Sopa Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 905.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: