Recipe by mammamia #2
A simple "dump it all in together" recipe. You can use chicken breasts, or, for more flavor, a whole boned chicken. I bone the chicken a day ahead to save prep time on cooking day. The canned green chilies are very mild. This freezes beautifully. Wonderful pot luck dish.
Top Review by Bottomless_pit
This was so easy! I had a craving for chicken enchiladas, but I didn't want to slave over them forever. This recipe looked good, quick, and easy, and I was right! It is wonderful! I used a pound of cheddar jack in them and dumped another pound of cheddar on top. Oh so yummy!!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cooked and boneless chicken, cut into bite size pieces (reserve some broth.)
- 2 (3 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 12 corn tortillas, torn in bite sized pieces
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil whole chicken until meat falls off bone.
- Bone chicken. Reserve broth.
- Cook chopped onions in butter until translucent.
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl, adding enough broth to moisten. I usually add about 1/2 cup.
- Bake in 13x9-inch pan at 350°F for 45 minutes.