Recipe by Lightly Toasted
One of my mom's trademark dishes....so good
Top Review by Lorac
Excellent! Sopa(seca) means dry soup and is really a mild flavored casserole used as a side with other spicy dishes. I made 1/2 the recipe using flour tortillas and "Mexican" blend cheese. We loved the nicely layered flavors of the chicken, onion, cheese and chili peppers. I served the sopa with Jalapeno Cole Slaw #60158. Thanks Elissa, I will use this easy to make side - often!
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 package tortilla, shredded (6-8 inch, corn or flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, onions, soup,chilies, and broth, and mix well.
- Spread about 1/4 cup mixture in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the shredded tortillas.
- Top this with half the soup mixture, and 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat, topping with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 oven for 35-45 minutes or till bubbly.
- Garnish as desired.