Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my mom's trademark dishes....so good
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 package tortilla, shredded (6-8 inch, corn or flour)
- Combine chicken, onions, soup,chilies, and broth, and mix well.
- Spread about 1/4 cup mixture in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish.
- Top with 1/2 of the shredded tortillas.
- Top this with half the soup mixture, and 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat, topping with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 oven for 35-45 minutes or till bubbly.
- Garnish as desired.
Excellent! Sopa(seca) means dry soup and is really a mild flavored casserole used as a side with other spicy dishes. I made 1/2 the recipe using flour tortillas and "Mexican" blend cheese. We loved the nicely layered flavors of the chicken, onion, cheese and chili peppers. I served the sopa with Jalapeno Cole Slaw #60158. Thanks Elissa, I will use this easy to make side - often!
Thanks for the recipe. This was ok. Please make sure you like the taste of condensed soup before making this. The taste of the cream of chicken soup is overwhelming and artificial. I used jalape
This served us well for a quick, easy-to-please dinner. I cut the ingredients in half thinking it would be too much, but the kids were looking for more after the dish was empty. I used low-carb, whole wheat tortillas and could see adding black beans or corn to this. Thanks for sharing!