1/1 Photo of Chicken Soncerae
Much like Veal Oscar and its progenies, this dish represents more of a preparation and presentation style than a specific recipe. The meat or poultry is sautéed, the pan is deglazed with sweet Marsala wine. Shaved carrots and prosciutto are then added and cooked. Experiment with different meats and enjoy. I created this recipe when I tried to duplicate Veal Saltimbocca. When I realized it wasn’t anything like Veal Saltimbocca, I figured that I had created something new that I could call anything that I wanted to. So I named it after my daughter, Soncerae (her name is a story unto itself). There was so much turmoil over the veal usage that I decided to rename the dish as Chicken Soncerae to drum up more interest. Any recipe for Veal Soncerae or Chicken Soncerae comes from the same source, ME!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless chicken breast (veal scaloppini may be used also)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, Shaved
- 54.43 g prosciutto ham, Sliced Paper Thin (Turkey ham will also work if pork is not an option. Add 1/4 tsp of garlic powder if you use turkey h)
- 1.23 ml dried sage
- 236.59 ml marsala wine
- 1Pound the breasts as thin as possible.
- 2Cut the ham into slivers.
- 3Melt the butter into a frying pan.
- 4Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 5Sauté the chicken in the butter/oil mixture until nearly done.
- 6Remove the chicken to a plate covered with paper towels.
- 7When all of the chicken is done, deglaze the pan with the wine.
- 8Place the carrots and ham in the pan and cook on low for about ten minutes until the carrots get soft and the mixture thickens.
- 9Push the ham/carrot mixture to the side and return the chicken to the pan.
- 10Cover the chicken with the ham/carrot mixture.
- 11Crumble the sage on top.
- 12Cover and simmer for about two minutes.
- 13Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a serving platter.
- 14Arrange the ham/carrot mixture on top of the chicken.
- 15Pour the sauce from the pan on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soncerae
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 773.0
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 260.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: