Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
THE quickest, easiest, Most Delicious Chicken and rice casserole EVER. I found this recipe when I was 18 and have tweaked it to perfection. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking rice
- 2 cups water
- in a 9x13-inch baking dish melt butter or margarine.
- place chicken breast in and season with pepper.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over breasts, spread mushroom soup over breasts and sprinkle the rice evenly over all.
- Pour 2 cups of water over the dish and seal with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
This was just ok for us. It was way too salty and there was alot of liquid in the pan still. otherthan the saltiness the taste was good and the chicken was nice and moist. thank you for sharing.
YUM! Too easy and good. I used instant brown rice but only had half a cup and I didnt think about that when I added the 2 cups water. OOPS! LOL. Oh well, it still made a yummy gravy and this will get made again. My son enjoyed it too. Used 6 thighs. Thanks!
I was getting ready to submit my chicken and rice recipe and I saw yours...It is the same as mine! :) I will just say thanks for posting this recipe, I have been making it this way forever and it will always be a family favorite!