Recipe by AZRT
Very mild and slightly sweet.
Top Review by Delecroix
I was going to post this exact recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. My boyfriend and I loved these tacos, and were glad to finally find something with such a unique twist! The recipe also works well with gala apples (which is what I had on hand) The longer you cook the apples the sweeter they become, but the longer you cook the onions the less zing they have, so balance cooking times for your personal preferences. Thanks for the post, AZRT!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled granny smith apples (about 2 apples)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until golden. Remove the chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add apple; cook 6 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 1/2 cup chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla.